As the most frequently used room in the house, your bathroom is often subject to wear and tear. Neglecting this space can leave you feeling vulnerable, but there are solutions. With the advice of experts, we’ve compiled a list of simple ways to enhance the aesthetic of your bathroom without the need for a costly and time-consuming renovation project during busy periods. Here’s how!
Keep your bathroom surfaces clear
Removing the miscellaneous items that create clutter in the shower or vanity area not only results in a clean and organized appearance but also imparts a chic and sophisticated touch, while facilitating hassle-free cleaning of the bathroom. To maintain an organized and clutter-free bathroom surface, follow these tips:
- Use drawer organizers to keep small items, such as makeup, razors, and toothbrushes, in an orderly fashion.
- Place a tray or basket on the counter to gather essential items like soap and hand lotion.
- Hang towels on hooks or bars to keep them off the counter and floor.
- Minimize the number of decorative items on the counter to avoid clutter.
- Encourage everyone in your household to put away items after use.
- Regularly clean and wipe down surfaces to maintain a dust and grime-free environment.
Here are some easy ways to add pattern to your bathroom:
- Hang patterned art or prints on the walls to add color and texture to the space
- Incorporate patterned bath mats or rugs for a pop of visual interest on the floor
- Hang patterned wallpaper on an accent wall or the entire room to create a bold statement
- Use stencils to paint a pattern on the walls or floor
- Use patterned contact paper to cover cabinet doors, drawers, or shelves
- Use patterned shower curtains to add color and texture
Paint the wall
Upgrading your bathroom by painting the walls is an excellent way to give it a fresh and updated look without breaking the bank. Select high-quality paint that is specifically designed for use in bathrooms. This type of paint will hold up better against humidity and moisture than regular paint. Decide on a color scheme that will complement the existing décor in your bathroom before buying the paint. Lighter colors will make the room feel more spacious, while darker colors can create a more dramatic effect.
An outdated light fixture can quickly make a room look old-fashioned, but a stunning new fitting can be a real standout feature. Upgrading your lighting is a relatively easy project to undertake, but it’s important to select a fixture that’s suitable for a high-moisture environment.
Change your cabinetry handle
Replacing your cabinet handles is one of the quickest updates you can make to your bathroom. Simply measure the width of your current handles and purchase new ones that can be easily screwed into the existing holes. While you’re shopping for handles, consider selecting wall hooks in a matching finish to create additional storage space for towels and robes.
Deep clean your bathroom
Deep cleaning your bathroom is essentials! Bathrooms are high-traffic areas where germs and bacteria can easily accumulate. Regular deep cleaning helps to eliminate these harmful microorganisms and reduce the risk of infections and illnesses.
Change the mirror
A mirror can serve as a focal point in your bathroom and make a big impact on its overall style. If you have a plain and uninteresting mirror, consider upgrading to a more visually appealing model with texture and interest. This can instantly transform the look and feel of your bathroom and create a more open and inviting atmosphere. For a truly unique and personality-filled piece, check out second-hand stores where you may find one-of-a-kind mirrors.